- Total Duration:14
- Best Time:March - May
- Max Elevation:5548 m.
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Short preliminary briefing after transferring you to the hotel.
- Sweeping flight both ways Kathmandu - Lukla with ever exciting views of snow-capped peaks
- Trekking into Sagarmatha National Park World's Heritage Sites with the great range of scenery
- Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
- Trekking in style with rooms overlooking views of Mt. Everest and range of peaks
Everest Base Camp Trek attracts the crowd over 40,000 people each year. People usually enjoy the natural beauty and thrill of adventure walking down the trails along the massive mountain range towards the foothill of the highest mountain in the world. The trekkers can choose different routes from moderate difficulty to strenuous.
Everest Base Camp trekking is one the most popular trekking route around the globe. Opened from 1953, the Everest base camp or simply known as Southern Base Camp among the mountaineers is located at the 5,364 m altitude. This trek is equally exciting with a rare thrill of flying between the high hills to Lukla which opens the gate to a promised land with picturesque views of many surrounding peaks. You will ascend for short while towards Phakding for the first stop.
The following day you will take a wonderful trek to Namche Bazaar – through the trail that passes through numerous forest, farmlands and beautiful Sherpa villages. Namche is the tourist and administrative hub at this region. Hiking around the area there are several villages, especially in Syangboche (3700m) which have their own stories and legends to tell, on the laps of the magnificent mountainous belt of Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Island peak, Nuptse and Lhotse.
On the door step of your lodge you can see the smiling Mt. Everest greeting you and your loved ones. Lots of children do not get chances to be so near to the highest peak in the world and for the old age people, this might be the only chance to get their wishes fulfilled.
You will find the detail on the 14 day EBC trek itinerary for a short trek option.
- Day 01: Arrive in the Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla – Phakding
- Day 03: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (Elevation: 3446m)
- Day 4: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867m)
- Day 06: Tengboche – Dingboche (4,481m)
- Day 07: Acclimatization Day in Dingboche.
- Day 08: Dingboche- Lobuche (4930m)
- Day 09: Lobuche –Gorkshep (5160m) – Base camp (5365m)
- Day 10: Gorakshep- Pheriche (4,283m)
- Day 11: Pheriche – Namche Bazaar
- Day 12: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
- Day 13: Lukla – Kathmandu
- Day 14: Final Departure
Day 01: Arrive in the Kathmandu
Once you arrive at Kathmandu international airport and our representative will transfer you to your respective hotel. Preparation for the trek.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla – Phakding
You will take the domestic flight to Lukla that will be 40 min. You will get chances to views memorable joined countryside and river valleys below. Hike for 3 to 4 hours to Phakding.
Day 03: Phakding – Namche Bazaar (Elevation: 3446m)
This day you will have a walk through a magnificent forest of rhododendron with unimaginable views of the riverside. It will take around 5/6 hours from Phakding and reach Namche Bazaar (3440m).
Day 4: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar
Namche Bazaar is a very famous place for sight-seeing of Mt. Everest and all Himalayan ranges as well as wonderful sunrise and sunset. There is a famous local museum as well. You will hike to nearby hills to prepare for higher altitude trek.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867m)
You will hike to reach Tengbouche. Tengboche is one of the well-known traditional places full of famous Tibet Buddhist monasteries. On the route, you will have remarkable views of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Cholatse, Kantaiga, AmaDablam and Thamserku.
Day 06: Tengboche – Dingboche (4,481m)
You will continue the hike through the Rhododendrons forests until reaching the suspension bridge near the Pangboche village which takes about 2 hours. Crossing the bridge, the steep climb will take you the village. Then the trail continues in the isolated pastures and fields till Orsho left trail goes to Pheriche and the right trail continues to Dingboche. After some 2 hours, you will reach Dingboche. You can have a good view of Amadablam, Island Peak, Lhotse, Tawache, Tsolache, Lobuche and other peaks.
Day 07: Acclimatization Day in Dingboche.
Take rest and hike around the nearby hills to get used to with the altitude. You will hike around 2 to 3 hours to Dingboche to reach in the peak or Chhukung Valley for the wonderful views of Himalayan ranges, special views for Island peak and AmaDablam Mountain.
Day 08: Dingboche- Lobuche (4930m)
You will get the chance to take a beautiful walk where the mountain such as Cholatse, Lobuche and Pumari lie. Lobuche is situated at the altitude of 4,930m. It takes around 3 to 4 hours for trekking.
Day 09: Lobuche –Gorkshep (5160m) – Base camp (5365m)
Start an early walk at around 7 am for 2 hours to reach Gorkshep. Then you will continue your treks to Everest Base Camp which will take 4 more hours to walk. Enjoy the spectacular views of the Khumbu Icefall from the world-renowned Mt. Everest Base Camp.
Day 10: Gorakshep- Pheriche (4,283m)
Again you will start early at 4 am the hike to Kala Pathar 5550m. The trail steeply ascends until reaching Kala Pathar viewpoint which takes about 2 hours. Trekkers need to climb around 2 hours with the wonderful sightseeing of Mt. Everest and Pumori to reach Kalapathar. You will then descend to Pheriche. Stay overnight in the Pheriche.
Day 11: Pheriche – Namche Bazaar
Descend from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar. During your trekking, once again you will cross the beautiful, panoramic forests of blue pine and beautiful red rhododendron views.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
Your final night will be at the Lukla where you will capture all the naturally beautiful views of Mt. Everest along with the other wonderful mountains.
Day 13: Lukla – Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu. You can view the Mt. Everest for the last time through the plane windowpane. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 14: Final Departure
The trip comes at the end today. If you prefer to extend your trip let us know otherwise we will transfer you to Kathmandu airport. Normally 3 hours before your flight you are required to check in.
Most Common FAQs
- Trekking a country walks where in Himalayan leads you to much ups and downs with some gradual sections, walk leads you from minimum 4 to 6 hours maximum on trekking as per itineraries and the trip chosen. Trekking at present getting much popular in Nepal where people with short duration of holiday or for the long vacation, our trekking destination can fit all types of travelers from a week to 2 weeks duration or more.
- First enjoy reading our trip text of your interest, then if you are keen and interested book with Trekking Planner Treks & Expeditions on following E-Mails and Address at least month ahead if you are booking from overseas home Europe-USA or other further East of Asia including Australia-NZ –Japan-Korea-China so on….. For ex Kathmandu can book with us minimum few days ahead so that we can arrange as per the group size.
- Langtang Himal panorama a moderate treks where altitude gains slowly as you get acclimatize on daily walks the highest point of the trek will be at the main destination in Kyanjin with an elevation above 3,749 m high.
- Depending upon the areas and season of the treks, April to May warmer during day time with cold wind factor morning and late afternoon period, where temperature drops down on shades, but on air with right pressure will be warm of normal room temperatures. However, we will suggest you proper gear ahead before your treks with necessary warm gears to take and wear.
- This is one of the moderate and safest walk chances of AMS is minimum, as walk leads from one place to another gaining 300 m to 400 m each day, will truly gives you enough time to get acclimatized before reaching the highest spot of above 3,700 m high.
- As this trek leads you around Langtang region, which is 3 popular visiting areas after Annapurna and Everest region, where most of the Tea- House and Lodges are well established to cater the needs of all wide-world travelers, depending upon each night stops and for lunch where meals will be hot with Continental-Chinese and Nepalese foods including Tibetan and Indian cuisines as well.
- Transportation to Kathmandu domestic airport from the hotel and back.
- Overland journey on the private vehicle before and after the trek.
- Hotel on twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu on B/ B basis on tourist standard or 2-3 stars class hotels.
- Applicable TIMS (trekking Information management system) permits and Langtang National Park.
- Service of guides and porters on trekking with daily wages-medical insurance, meals, and allowance.
- Comprehensive medical kits and First Aid Kit (for precaution against accidents and illness.
- On trek includes twin sharing accommodation in local lodges with B-L-D.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner before or after the treks.
Price does not include
- Nepal Visa-International airfare-personal travel and medical insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature, gratitude (tips) hard/hard/softer major drinks
throughout your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal gear for trekking (down jackets and personal belongings) and medical kit.
- Emergency evacuation and breaking away from the proposed duration trek where refund the will not be entertained, however, an office will issue a letter to claim from your valid insurance.
- For an extra single room in Kathmandu Hotels or on trekking at extra cost on single supplement.
Life is short
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. O,h be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
The journey is never-ending
The journey is never-ending. There's always gonna be growth, improvement, adversity; you just gotta take it all in and do what's right, continue to grow, continue to live in the moment.
Life is a journey
Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations.