- Total Duration:15
- Best Time:Sept-Dec & March-May
- Max Elevation:4130m
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- On world's tenth highest peaks base camp within the scenic sanctuary and massive mountains
- Grand panorama of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri from Poon Hill picturesque view point
- Unique and awesome scenery of beautiful rolling green hills and mountains on walks
- Explore traditional villages of Gurung & Magar / Poon villages of great cultural interests
- Constant view of snow clad peaks on daily walks from beginning to an end of the trek
- Stunning sunrise views over world's three highest Mt. Annapurna-Dhaulagiri and Manaslu
Annapurna Base Camp Trek rewards you with spectacular views from Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545ft) Annapurna South (7,219m-23,693ft), Tharpu Chuli / Tent Peak (5,663 m), Gangapurna (7,455m-24,457ft) and Annapurna III (7,555m-24,787ft) to Machhapuchare Himal ‘Fish-tail’ including wide range of mountain views along the walks to base camp within scenic Annapurna Sanctuary.
Besides Annapurna Himalaya views of Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Manaslu (8,164 m), peaks can be seen on the treks from Ghorepani and Poon Hill scenic hills with fabulous sunrise over a range of mountains that you will be amazed within beautiful scenery and the panorama of mountains.
Mt. Annapurna Base Camp Trekking popular known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek, a great combination of adventure within less than two week duration where walk leads you into lovely traditional Gurung and Magar / Poon villages where you can witness its culture and traditional way of interesting life of these high people and farmers.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest/trek preparing day.
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860 m on Nepal mid west highway - 07 hrs.
- Day 04: Pokhara to Nayapul to Tirkhedhunga (1570m) about 2 hrs drives and 3-4 hrs walks
- Day 05: Tikhedhunga to Ullery to Ghorepani (2780m) 5-6 hrs walks
- Day 06: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2660m) 4-5 hrs walks
- Day 07: Tadapani to Chomrong (2060m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 08: Chomrong to Dovan (2606m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 09: Dovan to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3707m) 4-5 hrs walk.
- Day 10: Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp (4135m) 2-3 hrs walks
- Day 11: Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Bamboo 2,345 m - 06 hrs
- Day 12: Bamboo to Jhinu (1780m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 13: Trek to Sibai -04 hrs walk and -03 hrs drive to Pokhara.
- Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu-7 hrs drive
- Day 15: Final/International departure from Nepal.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
On arrival at Kathmandu international airport via respective airlines, where you will be received by our office staff and guide with warm welcome greeting and then transfer to your hotels in the hub of the city.
After checking into your rooms and getting refreshed join the other groups for briefing on
Mt. Annapurna Base Camp & Sanctuary Trekking, our guide offers you with useful important information regarding trek and your stay in Nepal with us.
Evening includes welcome dinner in a nice and authentic Nepalese restaurant with Folk Culture program of Nepal while having your dinner.
Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest/trek preparing day.
Morning, depart from the hotel for exciting tour around Kathmandu at places of great interest, Kathmandu city and its valley steeped with historical and religious monuments temples and monasteries listed as World Heritage Sites.
After an interesting tour afternoon free to relax and preparation for Annapurna Base Camp & Sanctuary Trekking next early morning overland drive to Pokhara.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara 860 m on Nepal mid west highway - 07 hrs.
Morning depart from your hotel for interesting drive towards Nepal Mid West with exciting views past farm villages and towns on Nepal's main highway to reach at Pokhara city.
On reaching at Pokhara after six hours of interesting ride, transfer to hotels by the Phewa lake side with time to stroll around where most of the hotels-restaurant-stores and shops located.
Pokhara a touristic and scenic spot blessed with natural scenery of mountains-green hills-valley with serene and calm lakes of Phewa and Begnas.
(Flying options to Pokhara of 30 minutes scenic flights)
Day 04: Pokhara to Nayapul to Tirkhedhunga (1570m) about 2 hrs drives and 3-4 hrs walks
Moring few hour drives takes you further west to reach at Nayapul with panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu Himalaya during drive.
On reaching Nayapul first day walk follows Modi River to lovely village at Bhirethati and then heading North West on gradual uphill for some hours, walking past interesting Gurung people farm villages and terraced fields on stone paved steps to reach at Tikhedhunga within beautiful cascading waterfalls for overnight stops.
Day 05: Tikhedhunga to Ullery to Ghorepani (2780m) 5-6 hrs walks
Second day of the trek starting with a climb on nice stone steps to reach at Ulleri a large and typical Hill village, inhabited mostly by Gurung tribes with thatched and slated roofs offering views of Machhapuchare Himal with Annapurna South and Hunichuli peaks.
From here on gradual winding up trail to reach at Ghorepani as walk leads into magnificent tall rhododendron and pine tree woodland.
After a great pleasant walk reaching at Ghorepani for next morning hike to Poon Hill, Ghorepani home of Poon people of Magar origin tribe, an ethnic hill tribes of Nepal famous as Gorkha soldiers in UK-India and other foreign countries. This village with many good lodges offers marvelous views of Dhaulagiri-Tukuche-Nilgiris and Annapurna Himalayan mountains.
Day 06: Ghorepani to Tadapani (2660m) 4-5 hrs walks
Early morning before breakfast, hike up for an hour on top scenic Poon Hill at above 3,210 m our highest spot of this wonderful trekking.
From Poon Hill catch striking sunrise views of panorama of mountains which includes Dhaulagiri-Tukcuhe-Nilgiris-Annapurna Fang (Vara Shikar) Annapurna range of peaks with majestic Machhapuchare Himal 'Fish Tail' the unclimbed and virgin peaks of Himalaya.
View includes Mt. Manaslu with Lamjung extending towards Ganesh Himal due east horizon, after a marvelous photo session head back to Ghorepani for breakfast and carry on trekking uphill into beautiful woods of rhododendron trees with views of mountains.
Finally as walk leads to descend and then up at Tadapani within forested areas with grand views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 07: Tadapani to Chomrong (2060m) 4-5 hrs walk
From Tadapani our route divers with long descend into cool shade of forest to reach at Kimrong Valley with few teahouses and lodge after a short break continue trek with uphill for few hours all the way to reach the top of Chomrong village.
From the ridge a short descend to Chomrong village for overnight stop, last permanent Gurung village on route Annapurna Base Camp & Sanctuary.
Day 08: Chomrong to Dovan (2606m) 5-6 hrs walk
After overnight in Chomrong with fabulous views of Annapurna South and Huinchuli peaks, morning starts with short downhill past terraced farm fields to Chomrong river, on crossing a bridge an uphill for an hour to Sinuwa-Danda, a small place with few lodges offering great views of green landscapes and rolling hills.
From here heading into the cool forest and then downhill to Bamboo, a temporary settlement with lodge located by the Modi River in the middle of bamboo, rhododendron and oak forest.
From here an hour walk with gradual up to reach our overnight stop at Dovan, situated in the midst of forest above Modi River gorge.
Day 09: Dovan to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3707m) 4-5 hrs walk.
Now, the trail traverses high above the river but thanks to thick stands of bamboo that blocks the view of the rushing river and waterfall. After crossing a landslide and another avalanche track, you will reach Himalayan Hotel (2900m). Another an hour’s walk, first on a rocky trail through forests, then up a steep ravine, brings you to Hinko at 3160m. Now the trail crosses a ravine and a major avalanche track and climbs through large boulders to Deorali (3230m) where you will stop for lunch.From Deorali, you will go to the river bank and follow the narrow path until get to the Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3703m). Stay overnight at the tea house.
Day 10: Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp (4135m) 2-3 hrs walks
With amazing close views of Annapurna Mountain range, morning leads to a short walk up to Annapurna base camp, climb on grassy hill to reach a high and level ground actually a small plateau, as the walking progress reaching to our main highlight and goal of the adventure at Annapurna Base Camp, rewards you with stunning views of Annapurna range of peaks that encircles the base camp and the sanctuary with giant rocky and ice fortress wall of Mt. Annapurna I.
Day 11: Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Bamboo 2,345 m - 06 hrs
After an enjoyable and exciting time at Annapurna Base Camp within sanctuary, a long downhill reaching lower areas at Deurali past Machhapuchare Base Camp, and then with short ups and down following a winding path back into tree lines and forested area at Bamboo for overnight stop.
Bamboo a small spot and a temporary settlement with good few lodge to cater the needs of the trekkers located by the Modi River gorge within green bamboo and rhododendron forest surrounding.
Day 12: Bamboo to Jhinu (1780m) 4-5 hrs walk
With cool morning in the shade of forest at Bamboo, morning walk leads with short steep climb to a place called Khuldi Ghar, and then on winding forested path to Sinuwa-Danda.
From this scenic spot walk descend to Chomrong Khola (stream), on crossing over a bridge an uphill on stone steps to reach at Chomrong village, where you can rest or have lunch break.
After Chomrong a short up for to reach at the top of Chomrong ridge, and then from here our route diverts with downhill walk to Jhinu-Danda for overnight stop, here transfer to your rooms in a local nice lodge, afternoon walk down to refreshing hot springs which is about 20 minutes’ walk near Modi river.
Day 13: Trek to Sibai -04 hrs walk and -03 hrs drive to Pokhara.
From Jhinu downhill to reach a bridge near Modi River and then walking into warmer areas past scattered farm villages and fields following the same river downstream to Sibai, a small farm village sandwiched between hills of Ghanduk and Landruk village for lunch stop.
After lunch few hour's drive to Pokhara for last overnight of this great wonderful adventure by serene and calm Phewa Lake with views of Annapurna.
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu-7 hrs drive
From Pokhara overland drive leads on the same route back to Kathmandu with amazing and wonderful time on Mt. Annapurna Base Camp & Sanctuary Trekking, on reaching Kathmandu transfer to your respective hotels with free afternoon for individual activities.
(Flying options of half hour on air to Kathmandu with sweeping panorama of mountains)
Day 15: Final/International departure from Nepal.
Your last day in Nepal, country of Himalayan wonders and as per your international flight time depart for homeward bound or to next respective connecting destinations.
Our staff and guide transfer you to Kathmandu airport after a mesmerizing memory and great time on Mt. Annapurna Base Camp & Sanctuary Trekking.
Most Common FAQs
- According to the location the tea houses vary on their quality and style on this trek. Basically they have communal room downstairs with one or two bed bedroom above them. You have to use share toilet but nowadays in low levels atteched toilet is found and some have hot shower facilities but some will have stand pipes. Tea houses use a type of burning stove in main communal area and other room are unheated. Tea houses donot have money exchangefacilities. Trekking Planner recommend you to exchange cash in Kathmandu or Pokhara as you like. At the lower altitudes there is electricity facilities whereas as we go higher tea houses become more basic. As cooler temperature drain battery life, ensure your batteries last a little longer by putting it inside pocket of your coat or under your pillow.
- Annuparna Base Camp trek is consider as medium but trekking in Himalaya means uphill and downhill walking in remote part. You must be healthy and fit to make your mind you can trek minimum 4-5 hours.
- A group will have a group leader or a guide who will lead you on the trek. Porters will be there to carry your baggage packs and all the camping gear. One porter will carry two trekkers baggages. A number of supporting staff will depend upon your group size.
- Mostly 3-4 liters is sufficient. You will be able to refill bottels at lunch time. When you are in high altitude you have todrink more water to get rid of altitude diseases.
- Yes, Trekking Poles make you easy to walk in the rough ways. Trekking poles makes your body and leg to move more safely. So, we suggest you to use it.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double sharing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02-night twin/double sharing accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available at additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experienced, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport, and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Salary, Insurance, Accommodation, Food, and other equipment
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals per day: breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner as well as tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first aid kit box
- Pokhara to Starting point and ending point to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
Price does not include
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International airfare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay the departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in the city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of the itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottled water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes the column
Cost and Dates
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Availability||Book|
|1st May, 2018||14th May, 2018||US$$ 1300||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|16th May, 2018||31st May, 2018||US$$ 1300||Guaranteed||Book Now|
Life is short
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. O,h be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
The journey is never-ending
The journey is never-ending. There's always gonna be growth, improvement, adversity; you just gotta take it all in and do what's right, continue to grow, continue to live in the moment.
Life is a journey
Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations.